Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Something #16

Ooops! I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last opened or posted another Something.

I am sorry. 

Seems like so much has happened in the past 6 months, and in both of our lives!
First, I'd like to say congratulations on your job! Second, I'd like to say Woah! to your blog transformation! It's really cute and fun to read, and I can't wait to go thrifting with you when we get back to Dallas. Jon is really ready to get some new clothes and thrift stores will be the first place he hits, maybe you would like to help with this endeavor? But, I know you are a busy girl.

In the last post, I wrote that there were only 7 Somethings left.  This may still be true, but I think that there are two more that I documented opening, but never posted.

Het spite me (I'm sorry in Dutch). 

The good news is that I plan to remedy this in the remaining month.

Our last month here in Europe.

For now...

We'll see what the future has in store.

Want to see what I picked out to open today?
I love the textured sticker and glitter hearts. This taxi is headed in the right direction and sparkly love is flying out the back!

I like to think that this is symbolic of Jon and I (me?) when we are back in Dallas. We will be sort of wondering around aimlessly. We will be looking for a place to live in the beginning. We also hope to travel around in the United States, checking out a few places to see where we want to settle in the future - Dallas is not in the plans, but in this life I've learned that you never can know what life will bring you.

There are places we want to check out:  we hope to make it to the west coast to see friends - Jon has a friend getting married and we have friends in the San Francisco area that we owe a visit. Jon has never been to New York, so we would like to combine a trip takes us to NYC, Boston, New Haven, Philadelphia and Annapolis. It would be nice to do this in the fall as the leaves change, something I witnessed here for the first time here in Leuven last fall. I also want to go to Chicago to see about the Art Therapy program at SAIC. I am scheduled to enroll fall, 2011. And then there is the question of where we will live in the future... Jon wants to check out Detroit. There could be a lot of opportunity there. These are all dreams and possibilities at this point. We'll see how these all pan out.

Je suis désolé (I'm sorry in French). I've digressed.

 I opened the envelope.
This makes me smile.

You can't really make out this couple, but I immediately recognize them and their possibilities as I think about Jon and myself.

Is he wearing sunglasses?
If you remember, tell me about this photograph. Where did you get it? Why did you include it in my little package?


I turn the picture over to see if you've written anything on the back...
Nope, but there is the number four. This is perfect for today, as it's the 4th of August. It's also our last Wednesday in Leuven. Next Wednesday we will be in Amsterdam, then Vienna, then Munich, then on September 1st - Dallas. Jon thinks I am dramatic, but really I am just sentimental.


Ok, maybe also a bit dramatic.



Ok, maybe a lot.

xoxo
~LYMI

3 comments:

  1. Thanks!
    The job is cool and I enjoy the blog much.
    And especially my super affordable ever expanding & changing wardrobe!

    I think Detroit has a lot of potential. I keep reading about really amazing and creative initiatives and solutions there.

    Traveling will be amazing! Especially with the list you've compiled. I haven't been able to travel like I am used to in a while because of the lack of job, but now that I'm all set - I'm going Sao Paolo, Brazil over Thanksgiving, which my 35th bday happens to fall ON this year and to a greek Island to visit a blogger friend at the beginning of next summer. Nationally, I'll be in nyc, at last, sometime this fall for work & will stay a few days to play and probably get out to Long Beach at least once to visit my bro.

    The photo came with a record, well CD. Sweetheart Parade again. Oh! That is one more trip I will be doing. I recorded a part on one of Joshua's song that he wants me to re-record when he records it for an album. So, I'll head to Philly for a day or two at some point to do that.
    Can't wait to get out and about again!!!!
    That envelope was basically the idea of traveling love and the photo was settled down love. Figured you would make of it what you would. :)

    Though I know you will be happy to be back stateside, it makes me get a little sad thinking of the adventure you are leaving. What a trip! Absolutely fantastic. It's time has come, though, and there is more ahead.

    See you in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah! Isn't it nice to have some income? I am so glad you will be traveling, it's the best! You have lots to look forward to, and you have talked about visiting a Greek island for a very long time!

    It's fun to have clothes, I know that I am really looking forward to getting back into mine. But I also know that I am going to get rid of a bunch of stuff. So that will also be quite liberating.

    As it gets closed to the time to get back to Dallas, we'll check out Craig's List, thanks for the heads up! I think we want to live downtown, where we can ride our bikes, go to the market and be central to the metroplex when we need to use the car.

    How am I going to drive again? I am hoping it will come back to me naturally.

    Stay tuned for another Lekker post on LYMI!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete