Friday, September 25, 2009

Something Special

I live in Belgium. Steph lives in Dallas. We have been friends since grade school, but it didn't start out that way...

The night before I left for Belgium she sent me off with one last margarita and queso from this place, where we both worked in high school.

She also gave me a gift, it came in a brown paper bag.

It had this homemade T-shirt:
Made of the finest North American jersey cotton, it's very comfy and cozy with a DIY silkscreen. I think the image is a face, Fall of Snow is her music project.

And, this gorgeously wrapped stack of many somethings:
Somethings I am supposed to open one at a time when I am feeling down, or missing home.

She had very strict instructions written on black glittery paper with a silver pen.
I must respect a silver pen on glittery black paper.

This blog is about these many somethings and 23 years of friendship, even though we've known each other for 24.

~LYMI

No comments:

Post a Comment