Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Something #7

Things have been going well. I am getting all of the paperwork in order for my visa, AND I have a meeting this Friday with the school for the job that I interviewed for last month. Things are looking up! But I am still having some anxiety induced dreams about not getting all of my paperwork in to the Belgian government, and I had to go to the doctor today.


I don't like to go to the doctor...


Even in Belgium.


But it wasn't that bad... Just a routine check-up and some tests. If all goes well, then I get my certificate of good health.


Yay!


I don't know when my fears started, but it seems that the longer I stay away from the doctor, the worse I feel about going. It must have to do with the cancer experience, and also the fact that I have no insurance. I never know how much things are going to cost, or if I am really being taken care of. Before she, the doctor, came to get me in the waiting room, I was shaking... That was alarming to me. I don't recall ever being that scared in a doctor's office before. Anyway, it was a painless, pleasant experience. The doctor took her time with me, conversing with me - something I don't really recall doing with too many doctors.


I felt good about going, but then my day seemed long as I sat alone at home and began to worry.


Why worry?


Because that's what I do...


Anyway, I pulled a little something out to distract me. I didn't even think about it, I just walked by the bookshelf and yanked out a package.


This is the one I got:

Again, I love your artistic expression, but I had no idea what this meant.


Until, I opened the envelope.


Gah, indeed! Casey wedding 99! Or something like that...

That jacket is way too big for me. How many years ago was that ? Didn't you go to a wedding this past weekend? How was it?


I wonder when the next Casey wedding will be...



I love the inside of this envelope. I love it A LOT! It is such a simple, texture... a beautiful pattern. I felt compelled to make something with it.


Another crane on the beginnings of Jon's scarf:

I added it to the collection.

xoxo
~LYMI

2 comments:

  1. 1997.
    Is that your coat?
    Maybe you just borrowed it because it was cold outside or something?
    What a day. What a day.

    I went down to Houston for a cousin's after wedding party. She got married in a remote town in Denver. Also had a pre-wedding party that I didn't make. So, went down for this one. Lots of family and wedding's greatest hits - ya know : I will Survive, Play That Funky Music Whiteboy. At Last. Crap like that. Gah, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my jacket. I bought it big because I was into hiking and stuff and I could stash my pack underneath. I gave it to Jimmy, it was a nice jacket - Patagonia.
    Sheesh.

    12 years. Weddings... Some are really lovely, but it's been a while since I've been to one of those.

    ReplyDelete