Thursday, November 19, 2009

Something #10 and Some Excuses

Jon had a busy weekend last weekend, and I was a graduate school widow. Just kidding. It wasn't too bad. I had a ton of errands to run on Saturday, and did some traveling on Sunday.

But, I missed him.

So, I opened a special something:
It's flat and roughly the size of a photograph. What could it be? Also, the texture of the paper was a little rough as well. Similar to the paper that wrapped Something #3.

The creases on this paper are very nice:
It looks like a little street scene to me. In fact, as I write this post, I have an idea...

Ok, back to the something:
As I open it, I see and feel that it is not a photograph, but it is a note.

"Let your mind go and your body will follow."



I remember the movie LA Story. I remember Sarah Jessica Parker and Steve Martin roller skating in the LACMA.

Can you tell me a little bit more about this quote and what it means to you?

For the record, my response was:


Yes!

I think I will.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'm sorry, I know I've been a little absent from the blogosphere these days, but I have my reasons...

  1. Exhausted
  2. Travel/commuting
  3. Tales of the 5th Grade Nothing.
  4. Lazy
  5. Bored
  6. Compiling documents for the Belgian government so that I may stay with my beloved.
  7. I found a website where I can watch TV, thus begins my subcategory:

To make up for it and get my creative juices going, yesterday I started a special post about my typical day just for you, but I literally got derailed and will have to write and document another day. I'm going to pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Here is a sneak peak:
Will write more later, I promise!

I am off to tutor a Greek teen with his English, I am using a clip from Flight of the Conchords.

I'll let you know how that goes.

xoxo
LYMI

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! a new lymi!
    a greek teen, eh? muy interesante.

    Well, I just love that quote.
    In the movie, the woman Steve Martin has the hots for (who, btw, was his real-life wife at the time) is telling him a story about learning to roller skate as a child. It is such a great scene and you really envision what she is saying:

    She was a scared child, wobbly and afraid on the skates and a big black dude came over to her and said, in a deep bellowing voice, "Little lady, let your mind go and your body will follow."

    It is a theme throughout the movie.

    Another detail of that movie which stuck with me (and relates to your current state) - is when Steve Martin writes on his window :
    Bored
    Beyond
    Belief


    Then, falling for the woman cracks open his reality and magical things start happening.
    Gosh! That makes me want to watch the film.

    Eventually he erases the words from the window...........

    ReplyDelete